5 Tips for Choosing your DJ!
1.) Email/call 1-3 DJ that you are interested in hiring?
Supply them with the basic info:
- When is the event
- Location of the event
- Theme of your event
- Approximate size of the event.
2.) Schedule a meeting with the potential DJ and invite your parent(s) to attend. Be sure
3.) Prepare a list of questions:
- Do you like teen music?
- Do you take requests:
- Do you use online planning tools?
- Do you MC the event or just play music?
- Grand Entrance
- Father/Daughter Dance
- Candle Lighting.
- Do you beat mix?
- What is the different between a song you hear on the radio and a song at a teen dance. ( Radio songs are 3 minutes long, most teen dance songs are only 90 seconds)
- Can you supply us with a certificate of insurance?
- Do you have the clean edits?
- My theme is ___________________________, how can you help enhance the theme?
- Can you offer any suggestions for other venders?
- Do you offer one package or is there options?
4. Sign the agreement and pay the initial investment.
- Obtain a copy of the agreement
- Ask for an invoice reflecting the initial investment and the balance due.
5. Schedule a site visit of the venue.
- Schedule a time to visit the site.
- Discuss floor plan
- Remember you want your DJ in front of the Dance Floor
If you need any help or have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org