Candle Lighting Ceremony
A Sweet 16 Candle Lighting Ceremony is a short event in which the birthday girl is given the opportunity to express gratitude to those have helped her.
What is a Candle Lighting Ceremony?
A candle lighting ceremony is where a teen names 16 different people who have an inspiration to her. These are important people to the birthday girl. Each time the birthday girl lights a candle, she names the person and says a quick reason why. It usually ends up a being a mix of family and friends.
Tips: Sweet16 – Candle Lighting Ceremony
This event is very meaningful for girls, but it can be difficult to come up with all 16 people. So try a couple of tips:
1. Start early! Do not wait till the last minute
2. Get 16 notecards and number them 1 -16
3. Write on the front of the card the name of the person
4. Write on the back 1-2 sentences about what you appreciate about them.
5. Start with your family and then move to family friends and finally friends.
6. If you forget to name a person at your party, write a short thank you note and mail it to them.